Further confirming this announcement is a related statement made by Best Buy movies and games VP Jill Hamburger:
The excitement for Halo 3 is incredible. From our pre-orders online and the buzz we're hearing in our stores, we know this release is going to be one of the biggest entertainment events of the year. We're thrilled to be able to bring it to our customers.
Several consumer brands have also announced their own promotion campaigns for Halo 3: Mountain Dew, 7-Eleven, Pontiac, Comcast, Burger King Corp., and Projekt Revolution. Here reads a shortlist of what to expect in the upcoming days:
- Mountain Dew:
- The new Game Fuel drink: A citrus, cherry-flavored version of the original Mountain Dew beverage with increased caffeine content. The drink will come in 20-ounce bottles, 2-liter bottles, and 12-packs of 12-ounce cans, and will be in circulation come August 13, 2007.
- Game Fuel and Doritos combo promos (watch your sugar intake, kids).
- In-store promotions including the introduction of three three Halo 3-branded collectible Slurpee cups.
- Store contests offering various prizes, such as a chance to be a voice actor in Ensemble Studios' upcoming Halo Wars game for the Xbox 360.
- Limited edition aluminum Game Fuel bottles, designed by the Bungie Studios devs.
- Gamers Garage events in select locations will provide fans with an opportunity to play the game before its release this September.
- The company will be releasing 1,000 copies of the game, with one lucky winner receiving a Halo 3-themed G6 GXP Street car.
- Burger King:
- Halo 3-themed food wrappers, including a 42-ounce cup and King FyPod. The promo is expected to take effect from Sept. 24 through Oct. 22.
- Hosting for exclusive video content, including user-generated movies and machinima.
- Hosting for standard- and high-definition Halo 3 videos on its "On Demand" service.
- Projekt Revolution tour:
- Halo 3 is reported as an official sponsor of this event, which features Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance.
- Game-related VIP events will take place at certain cities in the tour. Visitors get a chance to receive Halo 3-themed merchandise, and a chance to meet members of Linkin Park.